IBM OPEN POWER
To reinvent the thought cycle of students for application based learning
Artificial enables creation of intelligent machines and through the establishment of COE for AI our endeavor is to create Intelligent humans
ABOUT THE COMPANY & LAB
AI Lab will play a major role in the research and development commercial and industrial development of emerging AI technologies. The AI Lab will include IBM and other corporate sponsors, coupled with open source technologies viz., NVIDIA, Ubuntu, Redhat, Power9 and Xilinx to accelerate results.
There is a strong need for research and development activity in these domains:
1. Encouraging academic-industry partnerships.
2. Cross-disciplinary and collaborative research.
3. Making AI accessible to non-technical business students.
4. Enabling faculty-technologist interaction and learning.
5. Enabling startups, ISVs and industries to use the platform to innovate in ways that improve the World condition.
The IBM OPENpower Lab at NHCE uses IBM POWER9 processor based Server aims to meet the challenging needs of industry, academia, and society in the world of artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning (ML) and deep learning (DL) are identified, AI based hardware and or software systems and support from IBM.
- E4S Exascale Software training
- Parallelware Analyzer High Performance Computing Training
- Python for Data Science
- Data Analysis with Python
- Machine Learning with Python
- Deep Learning with Tensor Flow
- Hybrid Cloud with Use Cases
- Big Data and Hadoop
- IBM POWER9 CPU.
- NVIDIA® RTX 2070 GPU
- 1 TB SSD for storage
- 32GB DDR4 ECC registered memory
The lab will serve as an excellent platform for:
- Conducting research on rapidly advancing AI technologies
- Enabling and facilitating industry-academia partnerships in research and development, and foster relationships through collaborative projects
- Encouraging cross-disciplinary research in applied computing, in critical scientific and industrial domains, via research proposal submissions to funding agencies
- Providing a state-of-the-art R&D facility for students, faculty and collaborators
- Offering a comprehensive and meaningful computing environment for education by complementing the theoretical coursework with appropriate laboratory coursework for students, and encouraging team participation and cross-disciplinary problem solving.
- Talent and Skills: (Remote Interns; Skills and Training) Students and Research scholars will start working on the advanced technologies will enable them to work on many applications.
- Publications and Mindshare: (Press releases, Articles, and Publications; Conferences and Events). Conference Paper on software-based application research /development in 6 months.
- Intellectual Capital: (Patents, Open source; Prototypes, Demos; Curriculum; Student projects, Theses).
- Prototype building of many research problems using software-centric approach (hardware-centric baseline implementation almost getting completed).
- Potential to file disclosures.
- Opportunities: (Seed revenue; Leverage other funding; Build ecosystems; Build government/client relationships). Once software-centric solution available with comparable performance using latest technologies , your team would create prototypes which can be demonstrated to several colleges.